Sunday, July 31, 2011

Heather King Woodstock in ND?: Day 32

Saturday, July 30, 2011
Francis van Rood, VP Contracts for the North Delta Sunfish Swimming & Water Polo Club lured me to experience the excitement of their swim meet via Twitter.  Hook, line, and sinker I contemplated the bait. Then that nice man reeled me in by subtly suggesting I might bring my camera for my blog.(Hint, hint there's a story in them hills.)

He is a clever angler; he was playing the weak spot in my scales: my curiosity. 

NOTE to readers: Francis is the guy with the iPad having a breaky meeting with Heather at Ricky’s. (see Day 14: A quick few hours in the life of Heather King – stalked by me, Delta’s Stalkarazzi) I am pretty sure they were talking about something relevant to the North Delta Sunfish Swimming & Water Polo Club, but what? My scaly "spidy sense" was spinning.

( iPad:  Sigh, yes,  I am still suffering from tech-envy, but the pain dissipated when I was given a fancy camera  by a die-hard KING supporter.)

So in search of some fun and a KING angle to spin  for my blog, I grabbed my camera and headed off .... 

 It was a perfect day. Everything was so welcoming & pleasant.
 
Welcoming sign








Sunfish the Club's mascot



















Entrance to North Delta's Sungod Recreation Centre 




Splash, like a fish outta water, I noticed the Woodstock-like  atmosphere - right in our own backyard! 
I didn't make this up, Check it out!



Tents
Tents



Tents




Tents











Tents



Tents everywhere!!!!!!














Deltastock!  Seriously folks, wake-up! What goes on in North Delta?





I briefly considered phoning home and leaving a message, so they would know where to start looking for my body. I pondered what they would miss first: me, dinner or the car?

Mustering up my courage, I bravely entered the Sungod Recreation Centre.

Shocking, but this is what I saw:





Francis officiating


Beautiful facility

What a relief, it wasn't  Deltastock, it was a swim meet, after all!  Hey, not just a swim meet; it was an exceptionally well-organized swim meet, with loads of friendly people and polite kids!

Bravo to North Delta Sunfish Swimming & Water Polo Club and to Sungod Recreation staff: it was a totally enjoyable afternoon!

Just to stir the "facility envy pot", I have to tell you that I bumped into Cori,  a swim-mom and old-friend from Tsawwassen. Green with envy, Cori took me on a tour to show me the Sungod's spinning room (bike room) with huge windows that slide open. Winskill Aquatic and Fitness Facility pales in comparison. DOUBLE WOW, check out Sungod's weight room.

Barb_2U's note: I hope that I am not making an ocean out of a swimming pool, but I am pretty sure that there is more to this story  - Would Francis and Heather meet for breaky in Ladner just to discuss a swim meet? I don't think so!

I didn't get a chance to chat with him, as he was officiating, but when (if) I learn more, I'll be sure to let you know.


In the meantime, if you have a concern, contact Heather. Her information is at the top of the page.


                                                                                                                
Tell the KING!















No comments:

Post a Comment