Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Heather King in Sunfest Parade: Day 34

Happy BC Day!  SunFest & Music Festival: perfect weekend to enjoy Delta

A picture is worth 1000 words. Read I am feeling a bit lazy and have a good book calling out to me:
Parade! 
1st) Strange, but the Delta Council wagon only had 4 of the 7 council members.
            
       Stranger yet, the other 3 councillors (Heather King, Bruce McDonald,
       and Anne Peterson) were riding in separate vehicles trailing behind the wagon.  
       Do you think my tax dollars paid for this peculiar segregation? 

       OK, maybe it wasn't the Delta Council's wagon, maybe it was the 
       Delta Independent Voters Association's wagon.  Sadly, I think so!

       OK, I'll ask it again: how can they be considered independents, if they 
       run on the same slate with "like-minded" independents?  This is driving
       me nuts!  Can anyone explain this to me?

If it were my wagon, I would share with everyone on council




 Humourous quote of the day:



To the delight of everyone, within earshot,  the lady next to me whispered (rather loudly), 
"This ain't her first rodeo!"
     
      Apparently council didn't pay much attention in Kindy-garten: share your toys, get
      along, be nice, include everyone,...but as Granny says, "If they behave this 
      way in public, think how poorly they behave in  private."  Smart Granny, eh?

TA-DA, trailing right behind the 4/7 filled wagon, the missing (exiled?) three 
councillors. (Truly, how weird is that?)
She doesn't look sad in exile - she looks like she was having a grand time!


She got teased and she laughed a lot
I was following Heather, so I was privileged to hear the stir she created  in the crowd:
"That's Heather King, she is running for mayor!";
"She was the poll-topper in the last election!"; 
"Hi Heather, you've got my vote!"; 
"She's really good.";  
"I am going to vote for her, I always do!"

(Barb_2U's note, I am going to vote for her, too!)


She was having a lot of fun, her "fans" were throwing one-liners at her the whole route! 
Way better than throwing tomatoes! Without a doubt, she was bantering and encouraging all the hecklers!

Bruce was having fun



















So was Anne


















 2nd) Chief Cessford is a good sport: he made my heart sing, when I saw him marching 
        with the "Boys & Girls in Kilts"    
    ** True confession:
Ever since I saw the Chief reading a book to the kids at the 
                                       Tsawwassen Library, I have been a big fan of his.
Check it out, he is about to shake some lucky fan's hand!

In the park, aprés parade

3rd) Heather King gets along well with all levels of government. She is continuing to build 
       and strengthen her relationships with both the  federal and provincial levels of 
       government.  

                 Seriously, do you think they phoned each other to see what to wear!


MLA Vicki Huntington, Mayor Candidate Heather King, MP Kerry-Lynne Findlay

4th) Heather King is smart and, like Chief Cessford, she is a good sport: 
  • she showed me the recycle station;
  • gave the 30-second spiel,"Why they are a good idea for Delta & the environment";  
  • and was smart enough to have her photo taken "showing" them to me. 
       (OOPs, this isn't to say that the Chief  isn't smart, just that Heather is smart.) 
       NOTE: it is smart to humour a camera-holding blogger.
Vana White of the recycling station!  Bravo to Delta!
5th) I dunno what  my point is, but I wanted to post the picture of the author and Heather.      
Heather bought his book

       Heather purchased his book.  He has a  really kind face. (You know, the kind of 
       face that elects Heather for mayor.)

       Kerry-Lynne Findlay also bought a copy for her office, so go to her open house,
       (today, August 2nd   5 - 7 PM at 202 - 5000 Bridge Street in Ladner) and 
       borrow her copy! http://www.kerrylynnefindlay.ca/


Kerry-Lynne invited everyone to her party!
Hey, isn't it nice that Kerry-Lynne invited everyone.   A+ in Kindy-garten for her! 
Maybe the  Delta Independent voters Association should take some tips.


In the meantime, if you have a concern, contact Heather. Her information is at the top of the page.

                                                                                                                
Tell the KING!










No comments:

Post a Comment