Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 23: HST or not to HST – my family takes voting very seriously



Mom was over the other day. When she saw my unopened HST voting package on top of a massive pile of paperwork, she helpfully asked, “Would you like me to fill it out and vote for you?”

Weird offer, as we are a voting family. We like to vote. We always vote - every election, every family member. We remind each other to vote and we check to make sure everyone voted.   It’s pretty much vote or be shunned, so in response to her offer, I gave her the quizzical are you-nuts-raised-one-eyebrow stare.

Cheerfully Mom, “I’m good at it. I voted for Dad too!”

Tempted I replied, “Depends. How did you vote?”

Heading off a political debate before it even started, that crafty old-gal shot back, “Oh, that’s personal; Dad doesn’t even know how he voted!”

Gotta love her.


                                                                                                                 
Come to the party and support the change!


1 comment:

  1. Too funny!! And I can totally see the "are you-nuts-raised-one-eyebrow stare!!

    ReplyDelete