Sunday, October 23, 2011

Heather King's volunteer heroes: 26 Days to go!

Want to vent? 
Send an email to Barb_2U@eastlink.ca 
I guarantee your identity will remain confidential.


Have a question for the Mayoral Candidates? (Don't we all?)
  
Do you have any questions you would like to ask Delta's Mayoral candidates? There is a Mayor's debate on November 1st hosted by the South Delta Leader.
Please use this as an opportunity to send in your questions to the editor@southdeltaleader.com


My newest  heroes:

Laura, Heather King for Mayor volunteer and mom extraordinaire

Laura home schools three exceptional teens. She took the opportunity this "election season" to teach Canadian politics. Although the kids are too young to vote, they did their research and decided, if they could they would vote for Heather King. 

They couldn't vote, but they could get involved, so they decided to do what they could to get Heather elected as Delta's Mayor! They volunteered for Heather's campaign! 

They came to our volunteers' campaign meeting last Saturday and this week they have handed out a number of Heather King for Mayor pamphlets! Bravo kids!

Congratulations to Laura for raising three community minded youth! You are my hero!
Heather showing Laura one of the canvasser's routes in Ladner


Pam, most enthusiastic Heather King for Mayor volunteer

When Pam, my other hero, realized that Heather was an incredible leader and that there was lots of work to be done, Pam volunteered to be apart of the campaign! 

This is the Pam's first election campaign and her enthusiasm is contagious! 


As I am a Heather King election junkie, I figure I've got a new friend for many more elections!
Heather, Laura, and Pam arriving at HQ for phone training

Pam is thrilled to be a part of the team!  
Pam asked me to take her picture with Heather!

Without a doubt this is the first time someone has asked to take their picture with Heather. I loved it! Pam's enthusiasm for Heather and the campaign make her a hero for sure.

OK, two other things which may have influenced Pam's spot on my heroes list:
  • Pam told me she follows my blog and 
  • she said I look like I am in my thirties (I am soon to be 51). 

Reluctantly, I'll have to let these new heroes squeak in just above Robert on my list. 

Soooo sorry Robert, but I am sure you understand -- 

Hint for Robert:  
You might want to consider flowers and chocolates...

Oh, let me help you, I care about my chocolate: hand-packed, dark chocolate with nuts or chocolate fillings - nut clusters, truffles, mousses, hedgehogs are great.  NO, absolutely NO, ginger, or any colour of sugary fillings: pink, white, beige...no, no, no - just solid dark chocolate with or without nuts or chocolate fillings! 


The Chocolate Bear Shoppe in Tsawwassen is fantastic, but don't just run in and pick up one of the pre-packaged boxes...take your time and select the yummy dark chocolates - solid with or without nuts or chocolate fillings.

Unlike my sister, I have met many chocolates that I didn't like -- she has no quality control when it comes to chocolate! She likes them all! I take my chocolate very seriously. 

A nice box of chocolates would have your "pending" status on my heroes list removed. You could become a full-fledged hero. 

Yup, I can be bought! Chocolate is my currency! 



Headquarters - in Historic Ladner Village:

The following pictures are taken from Heather's Campaign Headquarters! 

HQ is open Monday to Friday 10 AM - 4 PM 4872 Delta Street 


It's right between the Museum and the Legion in Historic Ladner Village! 


Next blog is all about HQ and training with lots of pictures of Heather smiling while she cleans!



Headquarters - 4872 Delta Street in Historic Ladner Village
Did you notice the colours of the heritage building? 

Yup, purple and green Heather's campaign colours! Nice, eh? 

Later today, I'll be blogging about HQ!

Barb's Heroes List:
  1. Councillor Heather King, Mayor Candidate
  2. Neil Corbett , Council Candidate, Pop Quiz star
  3. Francis Van Roode, VP Sunfish
  4. Philip Raphael, Editor South Delta Leader & Pop Quiz #2 winner!
  5. Andrew Conley, Council Candidate
  6. Scott Broderick, Council Candidate & Pop Quiz #1: 1st place winner! 
  7. Cathie Goodman, Pop Quiz #1: 2nd place winner & SD Leader winner!
  8. Ladners Landing,  Pop Quiz #1: 3rd place winner
  9. Carroll Allan, School Board Trustee Candidate 
  10.  Ferd Lamens, Ambassadors Toastmaster & regular guy concerned about gas tax 
  11. Pam Noble Paton, for her family values and for standing by her man 
  12. Guest Blogger #1
  13. Sylvia Bishop, Council Candidate & Pop Quiz #6: 1st place winner 
  14. Bruce Doucette, Pop Quiz #6; 3rd place winner @
  15. Linda Chamaschuk, for her post to Ladners Landing's wall 
  16. Dr. Andy Basi, for being a true gentleman, School Board Trustee Candidate
  17. Karuna Jain, for all her behind the scenes help
  18. Ruth Katiagi, canvasser extraordinaire for Heather King For Mayor  
  19. Geoff for knowing he was right even when he was wrong! 
  20. Jean Pearce, for her community engagement by posting on Landers Landing FB
  21. Linda Pearce, for solving the sign mystery by positng on Landers Landing FB
  22. Laura, Heather King 4 Mayor volunteer and mom extraordinaire 
  23. Pam, most enthusiastic Heather King 4 Mayor volunteer
  24. Councillor Robert Campbell (pending) 

If you have a concern, contact Heather King.  Her information is at the top of the page. She WANTS to talk to you.

VOTE HEATHER KING for MAYOR

No comments:

Post a Comment