Friday, October 07, 2011

Heather King for Mayor #1 Hero: Day 101

Soon we will have a delicious treat! A guest blogger!

I'll post your treat ASAP - I  have to fight with the blog formatting, before I can post it - sigh, once again Mom is right, "You get what you pay for" and this is a free blog site....♥ Mom!

If you want to vent, send an email to Barb_2U@eastlink.ca  
(I guarantee confidentiality).

Hero #10 - Pam Noble Paton

I admire Pam's commitment to family and for standing by her man. Her values earned her spot #10. 

Once again, I had to bump Robert Campbell down a peg, but I am sure he'll agree that family values and standing by your man are important values for any hero!

Here are my reasons for adding Pam Noble Paton to my list:
  • Year's back, when Pam and Ian were just dating, Pam used to be my friend's neighbour. (Sidebar: I can't remember her old last name, but she wasn't Nobel then either.) I  am a sucker for romance and I am glad that their relationship is flourishing.  Her Facebook photo is beautiful photo of the two of them.
  • Ladners Landing Facebook wall via Pam Noble Paton: "Ladnerites...just to let you all know...Mayor Jackson and Councillor Paton are in Ottawa looking for funding for river dredging and for resolving the tunnel nightmare. Keep your fingers crossed!" · October 1 at 5:28pm

  • Heather King's Facebook wall via Pam Noble Paton: "Barb...(no offense to you Heather), your comments are offensive. I'm sure Heather can attest to the fact that if you work out the hours put in, most council members are making about $7/hr. Making a mockery of trying to get things done for Delta is just plain ignorant. Had Heather been asked to go to Ottawa, I'm sure you would have thought it to be wonderful." Tuesday at 7:28pm ·
OOPS, I bet am not on Pam's Heroes list, regardless, she is my #10 hero. Bravo Pam!

Speaking of heroes, my #1 hero, Councillor Heather King, has a new Facebook page.



Now to get back to struggling with the formatting to our first guest's blog - It's worth the wait, you won't be disappointed.
Barb's Heroes List:
  1. Councillor Heather King, Mayor Candidate
  2. Neil Corbett , Council Candidate,
  3. Francis Van Roode, VP Sunfish
  4. Philip Raphael, Editor South Delta Leader & Pop Quiz #2 winner!
  5.  Andrew Conley, Council Candidate
  6. Scott Broderick, Council Candidate & Pop Quiz #1: 1st place winner! 
  7. Cathie Goodman, Pop Quiz #1: 2nd place winner & SD Leader winner!
  8. Ladners Landing,  Pop Quiz #1: 3rd place winner
  9. Carroll Allan, School Board Trustee Candidate 
  10.  Ferd Lamens, Ambassadors Toastmaster & regular guy concerned about gas tax 
  11. Pam Noble Paton, for her family values and for standing by her man
  12. Councillor Robert Campbell (pending) 
If you have a concern, contact Heather King.  Her information is at the top of the page. She WANTS to talk to you. 
                                                                                                                
Tell the KING!

No comments:

Post a Comment