Thursday, September 29, 2011

Heather King and Neil Corbett are Volunteers: Day 93

Confession:
I am really cheap with my votes. 

I believe every vote counts and I want mine to count.

I want to know how much bang I am going to get for each vote, so I thought I should give each candidate blog space to show us his/her passion for Delta.
 
Who are these candidates?
With every new candidate announcing it gets more exciting, but I found my self asking, "Who are these people?"

I figure that if they are so darn concerned about Delta, then they would have a long list of volunteer work that clearly demonstrates their passion for Delta.

Basically, my thinking is that past performance (extensive volunteer work) demonstrates future commitment to Delta.

Let's find out who the candidates are!
If a candidate sends me their volunteer list, I will showcase in the blog, so we can see how how they have given back to Delta. 

Bonus: I will add them on to my Heroes List (a volunteer is a hero).

Part ONE of The Candidate Volunteer Series
Featuring: Mayoral Candidate, Councillor Heather King
To see Heather KING's extensive list of volunteer activities go to Councillor Heather King is a  volunteer: Day 92.

Part TWO of The Candidate Volunteer Series
Featuring: Council Candidate, Neil Corbett
Has a rather extensive list of volunteer work that can be viewed on Neil's blogsite.

Neil Corbett's volunteer list:
  • 11 years as Tour de Delta Volunteer Director, Head Race Marshal and Web site master;
  • 3 years on Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission;
  • 3 years Rotary club, (I saw him  manning the concession booth at movie night and I hear he spent a zillion hours laying sod at the Rotary WaterWorks Park);
  • 10 years: President, head coach, and/or youth coach of the South Delta Triathlon Club; and
  • he organized the first Delta Relay for Life for the Canadian Cancer Society in 2005, with over 700 participants the team raised over $200,000 to fight cancer. (Nice!)
This year Neil also billeted three Tour de Delta racers from Team Energy!

Bonus: I have found some pictures of Neil doing some of his good works:


OK, Neil isn't in this picture, but his good work is -- see all that beautiful sod he helped put down? Heather King at Rotary WaterWorks Park Day 37: How many dignitaries does it take to cut a ribbon?

 MLA Vicki Huntington, Mayor Candidate Heather King, and Mr. Photographer
 

Neil at the International Youth Beach Clean-up at Boundary Bay (August 12, 2011)






Confession: I pinched this picture for the Tsawwassen Business Improvement's Facebook page


Neil and the other incredible Rotarians manning the concession







Barb's Heroes List:
  1. Councillor Heather King, Mayor Candidate
  2. Neil Corbett , Council Candidate,
  3. Francis Van Roode, VP Sunfish
  4. Philip Raphael, Editor South Delta Leader
  5.  Andrew Conley, Council Candidate
  6. Scott Broderick, Council Candidate & Pop Quiz #1 winner!
  7. Councillor Robert Campbell
If you a concern, contact Heather King.  Her information is at the top of the page. She WANTS to talk to you.
                                                                                                                
Tell the KING!



No comments:

Post a Comment