Friday, September 09, 2011

Day 73: I am moving to Surrey

Ah, I am so pumped, so jealous, last night we went to see the new library in Surrey!

The new City Central Library is amazing. It is definitely worth the drive. Be prepared, because you will be overcome with "Library Jealousy" and want to move to Surrey.

Sigh, I really want a new library in Delta -  TSAWWASSEN would  be a peachy location!

I betcha $20 that if  we had an impressive library like City Central Library, folks from all around would come and visit it. Think what it would do for tourism!

We met "Waldo", a locations scout for a local production company.  Waldo told us that the rental revenue stream generated by the movie industry is big (really big) especially for new buildings like the library.

Just for fun, see if you can spot Waldo in the photos.

NOTE: Waldo asked permission and gave security his business card.

READY!
CAMERA!

ACTION!

 










   
Security cameras couldn't spot Waldo!











 






Two very clever ideas for Delta to gleam from the library:
Water bottle refilling station. My daughter told me that SDSS has these too!
 
Great idea -- I'm going to bring my food scraps next time I go to the library!
When you go, help Mayor Jackson by telling her about your excursion and how you heard about the new library. Don't forget to bring your food scraps!

I think she needs some fresh ideas, because she seems a bit stumped on how to get folks to visit Delta, specifically Centennial Beach. Click to read"Jackson said the word has to somehow get out even more about the beach as well as the other great tourist sites available in Delta.."


They knew their target market
OK, I am being crabby, but really how difficult is it to get people to visit a beach as beautiful as Centennial Beach...heck, two Tsawwassen teens held a beach clean-up on August 12th, and they managed to attract  95 beach cleaner-uppers, four Lions Club Chefs and three face painters! (see blog click to read Day 48: Not just another day at the beach).


They offered bribes -- community hours, a graduation requirement

Maybe suggest that Lois contacts the teens to find out how they managed to attract so many helpers on a budget of $250 - for the record the kids went over budget by about $20. 'Er you might not want to mention that bit to Lois.




OK, I love Delta and I am not going to move to Surrey, but their new library is breathtaking!

Waldo was the highlight of the evening!

See you at the GALA tonight!

If you have any concerns, contact Heather-her information is at the top of the page.

                                                                                                                
I'm going to the Gala to party like a KING with the KING!

No comments:

Post a Comment