Thursday, September 29, 2011

Councillor Heather King and Andrew Conley are volunteers: Day 93

Confession:
I am really cheap with my votes. 

I believe every vote counts and I want mine to count.

I want to know how much bang I am going to get for each vote, so I thought I should give each candidate blog space to show us his/her passion for Delta.
  
Candidate Volunteer Series
I figure that if the candidates are so darn concerned about Delta, then they would have a long list of volunteer work that clearly demonstrates their passion for Delta.

Past performance (extensive volunteer work) demonstrates future commitment to Delta.

Candidates send your volunteer list showing us how you've given back to Delta. 
Bonus: I will add you to my Heroes List (NOTE: a volunteer is a hero)

Let's meet the candidates!

Part ONE of The Candidate Volunteer Series:             
Featuring: Mayoral Candidate, Councillor Heather King

(Photo pinched from Heather Kings Facebook page)
 

 


Part TWO of The Candidate Volunteer Series:
Featuring: Council Candidate, Neil Corbett



 (Surprise, surprise, I pinched this photo from Neil's Facebook page)

 


Part THREE of the Candidate Volunteer Series
Featuring: Council Candidate, Andrew Conley

Delta Council Candidate, Andrew Conley

(Photo pinched from Andrew's Facebook page)

Andrew Conley's volunteer list:
  • strata council member for the past four year,
  • coaching and managing numerous adult hockey teams, 
  • runs an adult softball team in the spring and fall, and
  • assistant coach for a Bantam girls' fastpitch team in Tsawwassen.
Stop --  Whoa did I just read Bantam Girls Fastpitch? NO WAY! Andrew is a Fastpitch  Coach? We are a Fastpitch family! Hats off to Andrew!

Andrew just made #5 on Barb's Heroes List.

Thanks Andrew and best of luck to you at the polls!

For more information on Andrew go to his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter @TsaAndrew 

Barb's Heroes List:
  1. Councillor Heather King, Mayor Candidate
  2. Neil Corbett , Council Candidate,
  3. Francis Van Roode, VP Sunfish
  4. Philip Raphael, Editor South Delta Leader
  5.  Andrew Conley, Council Candidate
  6. Scott Broderick, Council Candidate & Pop Quiz #1 winner!
  7. Councillor Robert Campbell
If you a concern, contact Heather King.  Her information is at the top of the page. She WANTS to talk to you.
                                                                                                                
Tell the KING!



No comments:

Post a Comment