Monday, August 29, 2011

Heather King can imporve inefficiencies in the public sector: Day 62

August 11, I read Sandor Gyarmati article (link below) in The Delta Optimist and I thought:  
  • WOW, so not fair, there are many beautiful areas in North Delta, and  
  • many, many home owners in North Delta take great pride in their yards and homes, but mostly I thought,
  • it sounds like The Ghost of Christmas Past haunting us again.  
 
I wanted to respond by blogging some cheap shots in the direction of the City Hall's Throne. My inner blogger screamed, yet I refused to sling my 2-cents worth into the heap of opinions. Instead, I ignored the gnawing at the back of my, rather thin, cranium, practiced self-constraint, and self-mediated.

However, August 19th, I came across Thomas Falcone's tweet: it was a work of art, pleading to be read. Delta deserved to see it. (Below)

For ten days, I continued to self-medicate with chocolate, red wine, and sunshine, but today, I can no longer pacify the gnawing sensation. Today I blog it!  (Tune of "Rocky")

OK, true confession:  I immediately retweeted Thomas's tweet, but the article kept begging to be "released" - yes, pun intended.

In 2000, eleven years, three ice ages, and almost 4 elections ago, the present mayor, The Ghost of Christmas Past, complained about the "decay" in North Delta.  (Snore, yawn, snore, yawn...oh, unless she actually did something about it...then it would be a great story: worthy of  one term at the helm, maybe stretched into two terms, maybe.)


Seriously, think about it: after all her time at the "helm" of Delta, she hasn't managed to "clean up" North Delta? ***


(Er, that would be 12 years as mayor and, honestly, I can not stomach the $$ math - you do it and let me know how you feel about your tax dollars and inefficiencies in the public sector: 2011 "Jackson now gets $66,082 as Metro board chair – in addition to her $100,000 salary as Mayor of Delta", if you have the stomach, click for the story.


How many terms will it take? 
Seriously, if she were your housekeeper, she would be unemployed.



Thomas Falcone's tweet, with the article from the Vancouver Sun, that kept begging to be "released":

In 2000, Lois Jackson was talking about "decay" in North Delta, in 2011 her daughter rants about renters causing decay.
Thank you Thomas for digging up that article!

***The last time I was in North Delta was for the North Delta Sunfish Swimming & Water Polo Club swim meet at the Sun God Recreation Centre, and I thought it was a truly quaint postal code.  Blog - Day 32: Woodstock in ND?

***August 12, a couple of our youth wanted to make a difference, so they mobilized 95 people and organized a beach clean-up at Centennial Beach. Maybe they have some tips for the Mayor - see Day 43: Leaders Inspire and lead by example and Day 48: Not just another day at the beach.

If you have a concern, contact Heather. Her information is at the top of the page.
                                                                                                                
Tell the KING!



No comments:

Post a Comment