Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Heather King loves her job: Day 35

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Heather shouted me in the morning for a quick update of her day and to see if I could fit in a quick meeting. She gave me a run down of her day:  
  • A)    Early morning meeting with her campaign manager (Mr. Strategy himself). He told her that we needed to raise $5000 by the end of the week!  I made a sarcastic comment that coffee and a kiss would be a better way to start the day! Oops, I better remind you, Mr. Strategy is Heather’s brilliant hubby. She laughed and assured me that it was an excellent start to her day. She then told me that she enjoys delivering the letters of support, because it means the campaign is right on schedule and she “gets” to visit with friends and supporters. In fact, she told me she was looking forward to it. 
  • B)     She had a few other things on her list – meet with a business to discuss a concern, write the letters of support, deliver a few of the letters….  Truth is, I wasn’t listening to her words, I was kind of mesmerized by her tone – she was genuinely excited about her day! I have heard her say countless times, “I love my job”, but until now, it didn’t register, but she really does love her job!
  • C)     At 5 PM she was going off to MP Kerry-Lynne Findlay’s office open house. OOhh wait-- do I smell  interesting people and food??   YUP, I did!  I, rather selfishly, volunteered to meet Heather with my camera.
Making you hungry?


My daughter, who has helped Heather with her last three campaigns and who met Kerry-Lynne at the SunFest, wanted to come and take the pictures. 

So in a matter of minutes, I was handing over my camera and demoted to driver.







Here is the open house through my daughter’s lens:

Menno, a fundraiser, gave Heather some fundraising tips











Heather's telling a fishing story to MP Kerry Findlay and two gentlemen

Sharing a laugh!















MLA Vicki Huntington (Delta South) is showing MLA Linda Reid (Richmond East) the photo from Canada Day at Diefenbaker Park 



MLA Linda Reid, MLA Vicki Huntington, Mayor Candidate Heather King












Apparently Linda didn't get the memo -- the girls are wearing black and white!






























PS...Kerry-Lynne thanks for your hospitality. We enjoyed seeing your new office, meeting new friends, and munching on your goodies!



  • D)    Heather capped off her day by attending Delta’s send-off for the athletes who are representing Delta at the Western Canada Summer Games in Kamloops (Aug 5-14).   “These Games are Western Canada’s largest multi-sport competition for young athletes and are an integral part of its Long Term Athlete Development Model.” The athletes range in age from 13 – 23. http://www.tourismkamloops.com/home_showSection_ID_444.html

                 Here is the send-off through my daughter’s lens:
    Two of the several zillion official city hall mascots -- Stew, the one on the left, just finished digging a hole and eating the exposed roots of the rosebush, hence his name.
    Nice flowers -- thankfully Stew can't fly; otherwise, he would have eaten them

    Heather is talking to Len Stroh, Director Delta Sport Council

    The athletes who will be representing Delta at the Western Canada Summer Games. They have to make you proud.

    Vicki looks proud as she speaks to the athletes
     Barry Howard, Chair Delta Sport Council, Delta's 2008 Citizen of the year & the event emcee

    Heather greeting the crowd, as Councillor Anne Peterson claps

    Heather shaking gymnast Alex's hand
    Heather and the soccer girls

    The athletes and Joy Fera, Director Delta Sport Council
     When Joy spoke to the athletes, she mentioned that Delta is the int municipality that has a send-off event for their athletes! Makes me proud of both the kids and Delta!
    Heather with Alex the gymnast



    Well it sure looks like she loves her job.



    If you have a concern, contact Heather. Her information is at the top of the page.

                                                                                                                    
    Tell the KING!






    No comments:

    Post a Comment