Sunday, August 14, 2011

Heather King Flying High - but not inhaling!: Day 47

Councillor King had a treat today.

She met with some fun and friendly pilots at the  Delta Heritage Air Park.

As a past airline employee (21 years), she was in her element and enjoyed mixing and mingling with the group.  Better yet, they have a pancake breakfast the second Sunday of every month- yup, watch and learn, today is the second Sunday - she scored a pancake breaky! She is good.  Perfect way to start of the day!

A perfect day and it only gets better, because Heather was invited for a ride in a small, 4-seater, single-engine plane to have a birds eye view of Delta. Lucky girl -- no wonder she loves her job! Darn, she's good!

A Cheshire cat - proud of her treat and ready for her adventure!

No barnstorming here! Heather assured me that they flew at 1200 feet and mostly over the bog and water so as not to disturb the residents or her pancakes!



Pumped on adrenaline,  Heather gasped, "What a gorgeous place we have to live in!  It is amazing - especially when you can go from one end of Delta to the other in minutes."










 A truly memorable day

Sold - looks like she wants to take it home!
"Thank you pilot Ray Roussy, Peter Vassilopoulos and Virginia Ivanicki for a flight of a lifetime"

Heather's famous last words, "I'm proud of the fact that I did not even need to use the 'little bag', that is a first for me!"

Obviously, Heather was in good hands! Thanks Ray, Peter, and Virginia for taking good care of my friend!

True confession: I am also an occasional user of the "little bag", but pilot friend Mireille Goyer, told me, "If there is no wind and the pilot is skilled and flies smoothly, no one would ever have to use the "little bag". 


Mireille's is another amazing woman!  Check out her website at She is responsible for inspiring female pilots to introduce 1,647 girls & women to flying in 29 countries and 4 continents! Forever I am indebted to Mireille, because in  March, 2010 she introduced my daughter, myself, and my very favourite camera chick, Deneka Michaud to flying. No "little bags" were needed. One of my best memories - ever!

Tomorrow's blog will be about the International Youth Day Beach Clean-up at Boundary Bay.  I will have photos of  Heather's art work -- her recipe for success: start with a beautiful canvas and throw in a mix of love and talent! She was face painting, so believe me her canvases were beautiful before and after the paint!

You can always contact Heather.  Her  information is at the top of the page.

                                                                                                                
Tell the KING!



No comments:

Post a Comment